SUMMER 2015 || I'VE GOT MY SKATES ON. REALLY, I HAVE

SANTA was good to me. He was a little unconventional leaving my present tucked under a pile of shoes at my local Salvos store, but he k...

SANTA was good to me. He was a little unconventional leaving my present tucked under a pile of shoes at my local Salvos store, but he knows me well. I zeroed in on these beauties pretty quickly. 

I can't tell you how long I've looked for a pair of booted roller skates. It's ridiculous, I know, to want a pair of booted roller skates, but you have to have ridiculous, childlike dreams, right? And these, I tell you, are my dream skates. I'd scoured eBay and Etsy on and off for the perfect, reasonably priced, in-good-condition pair, but here - a true sign that good things come to those who are patient and wait - was exactly the pair I'd dreamed of. They were even red and white; the booted roller skates of my imagining.

Giddy with excitement and feeling a little bit "am I dreaming", I tried them on. Shut The Front Door! They fit! 

I tucked them up under my arms and practically ran to the counter, paid my $15 - I know, I KNOW - and dropped them onto the back seat of my car, grinning.

This was Christmas Eve. Since then, I've cleaned up the scuff marks, checked over the mechanics of them, replaced the inner sole, whitened the laces and... 

... taken them our for a spin.



I'm terrible. Truly terrible, but oh what fun.

iPhone photos and video by Cathy Stubbs, of Two Minute Postcards

You Might Also Like

6 comments