SUMMER 2014 || DECEMBER... I'VE DONE IT

TWELVE months. One year. Done and dusted. Can you believe it? Here's to emerging fresh into a new year and finding beauty in what you ...


TWELVE months. One year. Done and dusted. Can you believe it? Here's to emerging fresh into a new year and finding beauty in what you left behind.

I READ… Jojo Moyes' One Plus One. A good little audio book read. Nothing too taxing, just a good yarn to accompany my work train commute and pottering about the house and garden.

I WENT TO… Bundanoon for the post-Christmas shenanigans with my folks, my sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew. Bundanoon, in the NSW Southern Highlands, is on the edge of Morton National Park. My partner shot and edited together a little video of one of the bush walks we did while there.

I ATE… My body weight in pavlova, prawns and other Christmas treats. 

I OP SHOPPED… The pre and post-Christmas op shopping was good. I bought my Christmas and New Year present to me on Christmas Eve. My partner thinks I am mad and I am a little shy about it, but will reveal all soon - promise. 

I also found a 1950s school desk. The paint needs to be stripped back from it, but for $50, it was a good find. Solid wood, desk and lid intact and the seat still lifts to let the user pass through easily. 

Other than that, I brought home fabric to make into a dress - done - and there's enough left for a tank top. Pottery bowls for nuts and nibbles, a romper pattern for the granddaughter and a new linen Country Road tee for me. 

I MADE… Christmas decorations for friends and family. I drew what I call the 'fat fairy' and screen printed her on cards and thrifted denim jeans I cut into rounds for the tree decorations. 

I also got the poor, old neglected sewing machine out and stitched up a frock for myself from this month's op shop stash. I modelled it for Instagram.

You Might Also Like

1 comments