WINTER 2014 || PINNING THINGS SOLID

THE winter solstice has been and gone and I reckon I can already see a lighter sky when I board the ferry for home in the evenings....

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com || july things to make and do
katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com || july things to cook and eat
katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com || july things to drop dough on
katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com || july things to hang on the wall
THE winter solstice has been and gone and I reckon I can already see a lighter sky when I board the ferry for home in the evenings. Big clear blue skies are one of my favourite things about winter, and a reminder of country winters, which this year I am missing. I am sure it's what has me craving pub meals, like big solid juicy veggie burgers, or chicken pies, and heavy earthenware bowls and plates to eat them from.
 
What are your favourite winter things?
 
THINGS TO MAKE AND DO: This is inspiration for a top I want to make. I bought a large wrap skirt in a dark denim-coloured linen from a op shop for $5 and will use the fabric to cut a pattern. I want that look of solid, durable denim that can be layered over a long sleeve tee, but that's light enough to be worn on its own when the weather turns warm.
 
THINGS TO COOK AND EAT: Is your mouth watering? How could it not be? A red lentil and cauliflower burger with chipotle habanero mayo, onion rings and roasted peppers. Drool.

THINGS TO DROP DOUGH ON: You'd be forgiven for picking these up from the table and cradling them close to shovel up a soup or a curry or casserole.

THINGS TO HANG ON THE WALL: I saw the Himalayas, and more importantly Everest, from the air during last year's travel to Bhutan. Not one photo I took captures that mountain peak anywhere near as beautifully as Conrad Jon Godly's depiction of the Swiss Alps do.

#flashback: Blogging was light on this time last year but the photos from this post are among my blog favourites.

You Might Also Like

1 comments