April 13, 2014

AUTUMN 2014 || THE LAST OF THE SUMMER HARVEST

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com || last of the summer harvest
I AM missing my summer harvest already. This is the last of it. Sigh. There's a little bit of basil left, plenty of parsley to keep us going through to winter and self-seeded rocket that will make it up before the cold really hits. Asparagus and artichokes doing well but not enough for a decent feed yet.
 
Have you harvested all of your summer crop?
What's going in for winter?

2 comments:

  1. We've just had heavy rains for a week which resulted in swollen, splitting, fruit-flyish tomatoes - I think I can safely say that's the end of that crop. Looking forward to some leave next week to be able to plant out winter crops of brussels sprouts, boo choi, turnips, and I'm not sure what else yet. I have a shamefully large stash of seeds to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have taken leave too to get on top of the garden. I have three days at work this week and then two glorious weeks off to plant out my winter crops. Sad, sad folk we are that take holidays to garden.

      Delete